Tuesday, March 29, 2011

{ For Time And All Eternity }

We're MARRIED!!!!  Can you believe it?  And what a perfect wedding day it was!  We were so afraid the rains would pour and ruin our beautiful day, but such was not the case.  The day was practically perfect in every way!  The morning began at the Los Angeles LDS Temple, the same temple where my parents grandparents, and great-grandparents were sealed.  Needless to say, choosing the LA Temple was an easy choice!

Our temple sealing was beyond words.  Although we had never met our sealer before, we felt as if he knew us perfectly.  His teachings, counsel, and advice were everything we needed to hear and more.  The spirit was undeniable and we knew the Lord was pleased!


After the ceremony we LOVED being introduced outside the temple as Mr. & Mrs. Matt & Aubrey Laidlaw, then greeted by all of our loving family and friends.  We truly could not wipe the smiles off our faces.  And good thing because for the next 2 hours we were followed around by the amazing Courtney Winnie and Ryan Southwell. We can't wait to see what images and video they captured as we sat in trees, frolicked through beds of ivy and danced around the temple grounds!

Following the photos we caught up with our guests at the most fabulous luncheon hosted by The Laidlaw Family at Bistro Santa Monica where we had the whole place to ourselves.  What a treat!  The food was to die for too!  Your choice of Salmon, Chicken Picatta, or Pumpkin Ravioli, proceeded by a chocolate lava cake.  YUMMO!!!

Later that night we had the time of our lives at our reception in my parent's backyard.  Everything was just as I had dreamt it up in my head. I loved every detail!  From the beautiful cake, to the exquisite flowers, to the time spent on the dance floor.  Everything was truly PERFECT!

As the night came to an end, we changed out of our wedding attire and into something a little more comfortable for the most "epic" send-off we could think of.  As sparklers lined the driveway, we powered through the crowd on Matt's Harley and rode off on our way to the St. Regis followed by the most romantic honeymoon ever.  Get ready for a little video of our week in the snow!

10 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

Congratulations! I followed you through the TMB and think you are just the most glamorous lady. You and Matt are a stunning couple and I am excited to see how you two grow in love.

Kim Messick said...

A Happy Birthday post! I love it! I love that photo and can't wait to see the rest of them from Courtney and Ryan!
You were the most amazing bride and groom! I will always remember that day and the way you rode away into your forever! Congratulations and I love you!
Mom

theblibbys said...

Yay! A family blog! How fun! Your wedding seemed picture perfect! I can't wait to see all of your posts!!!

McMemories said...

Love this picture Aubrey!! I am so happy for you guys:) Can't wait to see more pics♥

Alisha said...

Happy birthday, Love!! I can't WAIT to see the videos and pics!! Loved sharing your day with you! xoxo!!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Wahoo you are a married woman!!!! I am so happy that it was a perfect day! That is how your wedding day should be :) I am so sad that we could not be there to celebrate with you but I am dying to see the video and pictures of this amazing day of yours. Loves.

4 Walls and Counting said...

Congratulations, Aubrey! I love, love, LOVE that picture of you two. Hope you had a fabulous birthday yesterday.

Scott M said...

Congrats!! can't wait for the photos and video. And the video you made of the honeymoon :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

This makes menso excited to see the rest!! It really was a perfect day :)

amynicole said...

Your wedding sounds wonderful! I'm so happy you are happy! You looked stunning! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...